Every year, veterinarians take on the challenges of the holidays! A few years ago, a feline patient of a colleague at a miniature Christmas tree. We were quite amazed at the size of the tree once it was removed after surgery. Another colleague's own dog ate glass ball ornaments when he was a puppy. You get two guesses on the breed of the dog (who is doing well despite the incident).
The holidays are filled with potential hazards for your pets. The following list includes objects that your pets should avoid.Chocolate
- Xylitol and artifical sweeteners
- Macadamia Nuts
- Christmas Tree
Fore more information on holiday toxins, check out the ASCPA for holiday safety tips.